Royal Mail staff have announced they will be on strike for four days in August and September. More than 160,000 postal workers are set to walk out on the following days:
* 26 August, Friday
* 31 August, Wednesday
* 8 September, Thursday
* 9 September, Friday
Items posted the day before, during or in the days after any strike action will be subject to delay.
For more information: https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news
On days when strike action is taking place:
* Royal Mail will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels as possible.
* Royal Mail will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible.
* Royal Mail will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery).
What does that mean to AOP+ users?
- Expect late delivery to UK addresses.
- The backlog will be created on strike days and will delay upcoming deliveries too.
- Royal Mail won’t do any collections on those dates from AOP+, and that will affect the orders going to the UK, Europe, Canada and ROW.
- Items posted the day before, during or in the days after any strike action will be subject to delay.
How to get prepared?
- Inform your customers on the main page of your website and blog.
- Post it to your social network channels.
- If you have a newsletters list, send an update about it.
- Inform your customers about it in your products and shipping pages.
- Add this to your order confirmation and shipping emails on your website.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will keep you all posted about updates on our Blog and Facebook Group. If you have any questions, please reach our support at [email protected] or live chat.
Latest Update: 18 August 2022